Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Al Gore

If you click on the title of this post, you will be taken to the website of Generation Investment Management. The Chairman of the firm is Al Gore.

Generation's investment philosophy incorporates sustainability issues into their investment process. I think that is admirable, as long as their investors are happy with their returns. However, I wonder how many people know that Al Gore is hyping global warming to the benefit of the companies in which Generation invests? Doesn't that sound like at least a little bit of a conflict of interest?

If I buy a stock and then post here wonderful things about it that I can't prove, without disclosing my ownership, I would find myself in a world of trouble with the SEC. Generation owns alternative energy companies that would benefit from any legislation that limits carbon based fuels and Al Gore travels around the world drumming up support for just this type of legislation. Hmmmm....

No comments: